I can’t be the only one who can become happy just by eating a muffin!? I could eat them all day, every day. I started experimenting by replacing the flour with oats, eggs with banana… A healthy version was born! These muffins are the ultimate breakfast for those mornings when you’re in a rush. I often get up a bit too late, so just picking a muffin (or two) is the ideal breakfast solution for me!
And now, during my finals, this certainly is the perfect treat during the day too! These muffins (and some coffee too) keep me going at full pace, all day long! As I will be buys with my finals until the end of the month, the next recipe will probably be both a breakfast and a snack too. I have sooo many ideas in my head, but I have to study all day every day, so I will be very happy when all of this is over. Then, I can enjoy my vacation and make and try new recipes!
- 200 grams of rolled oats
- 250 ml of milk
- 100 grams of sugar
- 1 banana
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp. of vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. of cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. of salt
- Combine all ingredients, except for the oats, in a food processor or blender and mix until smooth.
- Mix in the oatmeal. (But do not blend it!)
- Put 15 muffin liners in muffin tins.
- Divide the mixture over the muffin liners and bake for 30-35 minutes at 170°C / 340°F.
- Let the muffins cool down and rest for at least a few hours before eating.